Competition Terms and Conditions
Competition: Win an Apple Watch SE
From 19 January to 7 April 2022
Last Updated on 24 February 2022
Win an Apple Watch SE
All persons registered with Elevate Me (https://portal.elevate.co.za) during the Win an Apple Watch SE competition period are eligible to enter the competition. By activating any of the dimensions of My Healthcare, My Wearables, My Financials and/or My Credit through the linkage of personal data sources to the portal, they (“the entrants”) agree to ‘opt into’ the competition (“the competition”). The entrants agree that the competition rules as set out in these terms and conditions are binding on them.
These terms and conditions and competition rules contain certain terms and conditions which appear in similar text style to this clause and which:
- may limit the risk or liability of the organiser or a third party; and/or
- may create risk or liability for the entrant; and/or
- may compel the entrant to indemnify the organiser or a third party; and/or
- serves as an acknowledgement of a fact by the entrant.
The entrant’s attention is drawn to these terms and conditions because they are important and should be carefully noted.
Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the entrant or the organiser in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (“the CPA”).
RULES OF THE COMPETITION
This competition will be run from the 19th of January to the 7th of April 2022.
The competition is open to all registrants of Elevate Me who interact within the portal during the competition period.
Registration on Elevate Me is free of charge to all entrants.
In order to gain entry into the competition, any or all data dimensions within the Elevate Me portal, namely My Wearables, My Healthcare, My Financials, and/or My Credit must be activated and remain active through the competition period. The following grants the entrant an additional entry to the draw:
- Activating more than one data dimension within Elevate Me, i.e. an entrant would obtain four entries into the competition by activating all four data dimensions. No additional entries may be gained for any additional number of data sources connected within each dimension (for example, only one entry would be obtained for activating My Wearables, even if more than one wearable fitness device is connected).
- Each goal achieved during the competition period. New goal sets are determined on the 7th of every month, and the past month’s achievement towards these goals similarly finalised on the 7th of the month based on data synced by the entrant before this date.
- Each public positive mention in social media, namely on Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter using the handle @ElevateLifeZA and hashtag #elevateyourlife. Elevate reserves the right to report and/or delete any public posts in which it is tagged that are abusive, discriminatory and/or otherwise transgress the community standards of the platform on which the post is published, or the credibility and values of Elevate, at Elevate’s sole discretion.
Getting a quote for or purchasing an Elevate Life insurance policy is not a requirement for entry into the competition, nor will any entrants have any better chance of winning the prize if they do so.
The prize will be communicated within the promotional communication across Elevate’s various social media channels. The prize is an Apple Watch SE. The winner of the prize can make use of it at their own risk and warrants that Elevate will not be held liable and is fully indemnified of any and all harm and/or damages that may by caused by their use of the prize.
The organisers reserve the right to introduce additional prizes, to which these terms and conditions would apply.
Prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash or other prizes. The maintenance of the prize is the responsibility of the prize winner and Elevate will not replace or cover the cost of fixing any damage caused to the prize whether this damage has been caused by the prize-winner themselves or manufacturer malfunctions.
To qualify as an entrant for the competition, the entrant:
- must live in the Republic of South Africa;
- must provide correct and full personal details, as required;
- must be 18 years old or older;
- cannot be a juristic entity and must be an individual; and
- Elevate, their directors, partners, employees, agents or consultants, the suppliers of goods or services in connection with this promotional competition, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the abovenamed parties and their respective spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members are not permitted to participate in this competition.
The winner will be selected on the 8th of April 2022, or as soon as possible thereafter.
The winner selection will be by random draw among all entries obtained, as per the Rules of the Competition.
Additional entries gained into the competition through achievement of personalised goals will be determined based only on information synced or imported into the Elevate Me portal, up to the 7th of any month during the competition period, and public mentions in social media during the competition period. Elevate has provided users with the ability to dispute, through the Elevate Me portal, all data and the calculation of their monthly achievement towards their goals. Any such dispute must be lodged during the month in question, or on or before the 7th of April 2022.
The winner will be contacted via email or telephonically within a week of the competition closure date (which date is subject to change without notice). Elevate reserves the right to disqualify a winner if he/she does not respond to the email or telephone call within one week of the winner selection and select a replacement winner. In such circumstances, the replacement winner shall be contacted via email or telephonically by Elevate as soon as reasonably practicable and shall be required to respond to Elevate in the manner set out in such correspondence. If the replacement winner fails to respond to Elevate as required, then the provisions of this clause shall apply to that new winner in the same way as if he/she were the original winner.
The winner will be granted the opportunity to select the colour of the prize based on what is reasonably and immediately available for Elevate to source, without undue additional expense. Should this chosen colour not be available, Elevate will provide the prize in the colour of their choosing.
Elevate reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions as well as terminate the competition at any time. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against Elevate, its advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers, and nominated agents.
You are entering a promotional competition for the purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 (“CPA”) and the promotional competition will be conducted in accordance with the relevant provisions of the CPA. Should you win a prize in the competition, you undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the promoter/sponsor to comply with its obligations under the CPA including, but not limited to, (i) providing such personal information as may be required to facilitate handing over the prize (including providing proof of address and identity number) and (ii) signing receipt of the prize upon its delivery.
The name of the prize winner may be published on the Elevate website and any other communication mediums and platforms required, subject to the winner’s consent.
The winner may be requested to take part in the promoter’s publicity campaigns or to allow their name and likeness to be used by the promoter for promotional purposes. The winner is, however, entitled to decline such request.
The organisers shall conduct the competition, and the organiser’s decision on any matter related to the competition, including the selection of prize winner is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
An independent accountant, registered auditor, attorney, or advocate will oversee and certify the conducting of the competition in accordance with the Rules of the Competition.